Updated info from CAFC website:
It will come as no surprise to Canada’s Fire Chiefs that Fire Rescue Canada (FRC) 2020 will not take place in person as planned for Montreal, September 13-16. Provincial and public health orders aside, the role, pressures, and budgets of the country’s fire departments, municipalities, and their fire chiefs make this an impossibility.
However, as a national association, distance has never phased us. With the largest membership in recent history, we are pleased to tell you that all members of the CAFC are invited to partake Virtually FRC 2020 at no cost, from the comfort of your home or office. Book time between September 13 and 16. Let us tell you what we have tentatively planned:
1. Spotlight on Industry: For our much-loved industry sponsors and exhibitors, our spotlight on industry program will help explain products, services, and innovation.
2. Virtually FRC: Our speakers’ abstracts are being reviewed and we will be creating a full library of live and on demand webinars in place of the concurrent sessions. Stay tuned!
3. Interactive AGM, Town Hall, and Resolutions: There will be a call for nominations for the Board, President, and call for resolutions, and then an interactive AGM and resolutions event.
4. Strategic Planning and Policy Congress: Join the Board and consultant Paul Sacilotto as we shape the future of the national association, right from your desk.
5. Celebration of Excellence: Yes, the Fire Chief of the Year Awards will run virtually, as will ECFO designations. Stay tuned. You won’t want to miss this.